Name: Eszter Vajda
Home Base: Massachusetts and Sicily
Last Trip: Sicily, Italy
Next Trip: Sicily, Italy
1. What are three things you take on every trip?
My sneakers, sunscreen, camera.
2. What is your best remedy for jet lag?
Take a walk and stay hydrated.
3. What is the first thing you do when you get to a new place?
Unpack and go for a walk.
4. What place has the best food? The worst food?
Best food are off the beaten path restaurants and cafes. Worst are tourist traps.
5. What is one place that changed your outlook on life?
6. What is your favorite travel quote?
“While sightseeing take a moment to stop, look up, down, all around, including behind you… this way you get the full experience of any place.” — Eszter Vajda
OR “To have visited Italy with out having seen Sicily is like not having seen Italy at all.” — Goethe
7. Is there any music that inspires you to travel?
Not really any that stand out. I always try to take in a cultural/musical show wherever I go.
8. What is your craziest true travel story?
Crazy and dumb—While in line at the airport to go to Ireland I discovered my passport had expired the week before! I ended up taking a flight 6 hours later with a new passport! Don’t ask me how.
9. How do you think that travel videos can be useful to travelers, even if they aren’t filmmakers themselves?
A video can transport a person to a place and bring them sights and sounds that will hopefully provoke a “I want to experience that!” response.
10. What is the goal/philosophy of your videos?
To educate, inform and inspire.
11. What advice do you have for someone who wants to make travel videos?
Study the history of the place and put your personality in it!
12. What is your best travel tip?
Drink plenty of water, be open to the unexpected and flexible to change. Go outside your comfort zone in all areas!
Watch travel videos by Eszter Vajda here.