1. What are three things you take on every trip?
Skateboard, Phone and Macbook.
2. What is your best remedy for jet lag?
Eating a whole bunch of different type of candies.
3. What is the first thing you do when you get to a new place?
Google for skate spots nearby for sure.
4. What place has the best food? The worst food?
NYC has definitely the best options for delicious food, with many varieties from Brazilian to Thai, etc. The worst food is anywhere they don’t have options for vegetarians =(
5. What is one place that changed your outlook on life?
Definitely Camp Allen, Bedford – NH.
6. What is your favorite travel quote?
“Don’t let your dreams be dreams.” I don’t think that’s a “travel” quote, but it inspires me for anything in life.
7. Is there any music that inspires you to travel?
There are a lot, it depends on my mood and where I’ll be going. Can’t pick one, but generally solo piano songs or some nice MPB with acoustic guitar.
8. What is your craziest true travel story?
I think when I dressed like a woman and hung out with my other “drag queen” friends, got my body shaved, eyebrows “re-designed”, etc. or traveling to Thailand just to get married–that’s kind of crazy, right?
9. How do you think that travel videos can be useful to travelers, even if they aren’t filmmakers themselves?
They’re definitely helpful for many things, for example: checking out what food you can eat, places you can visit and things you can do. I think if you’re planning to go somewhere it’s definitely because you saw it somewhere before, magazine, TV or pictures. Videos will help you get a better idea of how it feels to be there.
10. What is the goal/philosophy of your work?
I’m a programmer at Tripfilms, so I basically spend some time maintaining the tripfilms.com website and backend softwares we have, and I also work on some B2B projects.
11. What is your best travel tip?
I remember the first time I went to NYC I didn’t even go to Statue of Liberty, Times Square, or the Empire State Building, etc. I was just skating all over the city for 30 days. I guess just pick a place that you can do whatever you dreamed about and be happy doing what you love.
12. Where are you planning to travel next?
I really want to check out San Diego and Japan, wherever the money lets me go first.