1. What are three things you take on every trip?
Pashmina, headlamp, water filter.
2. What is your best remedy for jet lag?
Sleep and patience.
3. What is the first thing you do when you get to a new place?
Wander around on foot and intentionally get lost.
4. What place has the best food? The worst food?
Best food – Greece, Italy, India
Worst – None
5. What is one place that changed your outlook on life?
6. What is your favorite travel quote?
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag
7. Is there any music that inspires you to travel?
All types of music inspire me to travel. It depends where I am traveling. But listening to music in a certain country and then again when I’m home can take me back to that place immediately.
8. What is your craziest true travel story?
The time I was invited in an Indian wedding by a renowned Indian drummer in the middle of the Rajasthan desert and danced for a king.
9. How do you think that travel videos can be useful to travellers, even if they aren’t filmmakers themselves?
Visuals have a power of inspiring people in a way writing cannot. Videos can make people feel like they are experiencing everything with you.
10. What is the goal/philosophy of your videos?
I want others to feel like they are going on the adventures with me, even if it is in the comfort of their own home. At the same time, my videos aim to inspire and encourage others to step out of their comfort zone and go on their own adventures. I also teach people everything they need to know to take that first step and how to prepare themselves for a life of travel.
11. What advice do you have for someone who wants to make travel videos?
Buy a camera, get out there and do it! That is the only way you will learn and develop your own style and persona.
12. What is your best travel tip?
Have no expectations, be prepared to change plans and be open to any possibility.
Watch travel videos by Kristen Sarah here.