Name: Jenna and Micah Kvidt
Home Base: St. Paul, MN
Last Trip: Italy, Prague & Japan
Next Trip: Road trip through the Northeast US and Canada
1. What are three things you take on every trip?
Photo/video gear, flip flops, and headphones.
2. What is your best remedy for jet lag?
We don’t really have one, honestly! Micah has a hard time kicking it no matter what he tries, and Jenna never really gets hit with it because she normally sleeps at such random times.
3. What is the first thing you do when you get to a new place?
We are usually starving when we arrive, so our first line of business is to get some great food!
4. What place has the best food?
The worst food?
Micah: Although he didn’t dislike it, he would say Japan was his least favorite to date
Jenna: Nowhere yet!
5. What is one place that changed your outlook on life?
Iceland. It really got us back in tune with nature and helped us realize our passions—we left with a new direction and outlook on what we want in life.
6. What is your favorite travel quote?
“One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” — Henry Miller
7. Is there any music that inspires you to travel?
We love finding local artists when we travel—they always inspire us to return to our favorite spots and head out on new adventures. Asgier from Iceland is one of our favorites right now. When his songs come on our playlist, we always want to pack our bags and head out on the road!
8. What is your craziest true travel story?
I think that would be when I (Jenna) lost my wedding ring while scuba diving—don’t ask why I was even wearing it because I have no idea myself. We were diving along a wall that was over 150 ft deep, and we thought my ring was gone forever. Fortunately, around 5 minutes later, I found it sitting on a tiny piece of coral! We couldn’t believe we actually found it!
9. How do you think that travel videos can be useful to travelers, even if they aren’t filmmakers themselves?
We feel that travel videos give a more personal look into a destination—they allow people to really get a good feel of an area and see what a place is like before they visit.
10. What is the goal/philosophy of your videos?
Our goal is mainly to share the beauty of the world and inspire others to pack their bags and travel!
11. What advice do you have for someone who wants to make travel videos?
Go into filming with a plan on what you hope to accomplish with your finished product—it makes it so much easier in the back end with post-production. Also, try to pick music that goes well with the footage you have captured—it really can make all the difference!
12. What is your best travel tip?
Pack light! Use packing cubes and compression sacks to stay organized. It’s so freeing to be mobile and not weighed down by a bunch of stuff. Bring only what you absolutely need—you can always buy something along the way if you need to.
Watch travel videos by Wander The Map here.